Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Obscurity

I am on such a roll! This un-scheduled vacation has been good for me!

Ever have one of those days where you can’t remember the important things, but do remember the really bizarre, inane, or obscure? Where right in the middle of something important you suddenly have a case of Déjà vu.

Now Déjà vu, by definition, is the “feeling of having already experienced a situation”. Like going to a place you’ve never been to before and knowing your way around.

I have something similar to that, but different, that occurs. Every memory has a key that causes it to come forward into your conscience thought. There’s a fancy technical medical name for it, but I don’t know what it is, and cannot seem to find it, even though I have some amazing resources at my disposal. Finding things is the basis behind Colorado Finders (.com). So does that make me a failure? I digressed. I digest too, but that’s another story.

Anyway, every once-in-a-while I will suddenly have a very vivid memory of some obscure location that at one time or another I had visited. I may have only been there once, but I could tell you most anything about that place. (I could, but I probably wouldn’t.) When that happens I check my surroundings and what’s going on around me to try to figure out what the key was to trigger the memory.

One person theorized that I was having an OOBE, or an Out Of Body Experience, and going back to that location, hence the ‘memory’ of that place in vivid detail. My sister says good medication will take care of those theories.

Whatever the case, every once-in-a-while I short-circuit and can’t remember what I need to. So, because of that problem, as a public service I am giving you a couple of tidbits that your memory probably can’t dredge up either.

Remember Snow White and the Seven Dents? No, sorry, that was the X-rated version. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? I know, that’s not a PC title, but I didn’t write it. Anyway, here’s the name of the Seven Dwarfs:

Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey

Here’s another goodie for you. Remember the Roadrunner? In the original cartoons the coyote was called “Coyote”. Later they expanded his name to “Wiley E. Coyote”. Do you know what their Latin names are?

Road Runner: Accelleratii Incredibus

Coyote: Carnivorous Vulgaris



My job here is finished.

1 comment:

  1. Why not have a Thursday Thirteen on obscure stuff like this?

    ReplyDelete