Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Writing and my books

Where does the time go? 

I was on my vacation the first part of June to Florida.  It was Great!  Having just gotten back from vacation, I didn't take my usual day off.  Then it seemed as though, no sooner had I gotten back, it was time for my son, Terence, to get married.  That weekend was used up with the festivities, et al.  The Boss made a deal with me: If he covered for me to spend time with the family during that week(end), then I was to cover for him while he took a "vacation" and went camping.  That worked for me. 

Now I used the term "vacation" because even though the Boss was gone, he was still having to dispatch the loads.  So even though he was miles away, or so I believe, he still had to put up with me every day and tell me where to go.  Busy week. 

But this week I have Monday and Tuesday nights off.  This is basically only because our day driver is quitting the end of the month (7/31) and then it will only be the Boss and I, again.  So I'm taking advantage of still having another driver to help cover the loads. 

You can't blame him for leaving, what with all the fires we've had in the High Country up by where he lives, and he does have a construction company.  So he's going to go work for himself helping to rebuild that area. 

So I get to do some blogging tonite, and work on my books.

Trucker's Tales, Semi Non-Fiction is now an E-book available on Amazon.com for Kindle, or your computer.  It has been and will continue to be available in paperback and audio CD.

The latest book, Pyro-Vortex (Fire Tornado) is an E-book available on Amazon.com for Kindle, or your computer.  I intend on getting the paperback version done these two days off.  It's a daunting task, in that I really don't know what I am doing, but having an IQ greater than that of a small soap dish does help get things done.  So by the Grace of God and a little bit of luck, I'll get it done. 

Please check out and purchase my books, and spread the word! 

I have a list of things that need to be done before I go back to work on Wednesday.  I'm going to be busy! 

Keep the rubber side down and I'll catch you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment